Re: Main window design proposal

At 09:29 AM 11/27/00, Gediminas Paulauskas wrote:
>I have tested only tools.patch, and "close mailbox" is one of my most used
>buttons now. There is one buglet (disables "exit" instead of "empty trash"
>in menus), and does not apply to CVS version smoothly.

I've already seen it and fixed it.  I've also added a popup menu to the
toolbar that lets you select which buttons you want visible.  I'll
diff against 1.0.0 and send it.

>The first patch would be quite useful. We see, there are people still using
>gnome 1.0, so maybe not everybdy has GtkHTML. But as time flows, such
>patches add bloat, not feature to programs.

No bloat here - if GtkHTML is available, that is used.  If not,
then it will look for GtkXmHTML.  both can be disabled from the
configure script, so the code gets ifdef'ed out.

>With LDIF one, could be just a simple NULL problem. I could not test,
>because don't have any LDIF adress books. What program creates them?

Netscape exports to LDIF files.  Similar in some respects to vcard
format.  Also was trying to get a reader for Spruce mailboxes, and
if I ever get those working, I'll take a shot at Pine as well.

>With two buttons added to the toolbar, it is imposible to use Balsa with
>Icons & Labels. An option to show/hide some buttons would be very good. I
>cannot print and don't want "Empty trash". Also, "Continue" is enough to
>have in menu (Shouldn't it be in Message meu rather than File?). Hint: such
>a feature is inn gnome-utils/gtt, please look here... (copy&paste :)).

I'll take a look, see if I can improve what I already have.