Re: Various problems with 0.9.3

> I use a pop3 server, if there are more than 10 messages (aprox) balsa
starts
> downloading it but hangs. If you statrt balsa within an xterm you can
see how
> it
> gets the messages and suddlenly (after 10 or so) it stops. After
restarting
> balsa
> you can see the messages in the mailbox but balsa has not deleted it
from the
> server.
> A temporary solution coulbe to erase the messages just after you get
the
> message form the server, not to erase them all at the end, becuse if it
hangs
> due to
> an exceess of messages and you dont erase them you can never read them
(I have
> use netscape's mail to erase some of them, and after that it worked
allright).

It's definitely a Balsa problem. I'm currently using 0.9.3 because it
works a tad
better than 0.8.1 for POP3. Debian woody system. I got a mail that was
2MB and
that was enough to lock up balsa in the way you mentioned. Fortunately,
I'm the
sysadmin for this POP3 server so I can kill stuff directly, easily.

Anyways, I'd REALLY REALLY REALLY like to see this fixed for 0.9.4. then
maybe
I can convince Jules Bean <jules@debian.org> to update woody to that.

Note: 0.8.0 works perfectly for POP3.

TIA, I'm not on the list so if you want debugging help, just shoot me a
mail
directly.

-s