Re: 'flock' error with 0.9.3

On 29 Aug 2000 03:59 Matt McManus wrote:
> I have successfully been using 0.9.2 on a Redhat 6.2 (intel) machine
> check pop3 mail. Today I installed 0.9.3 and now get the following
error
> message "Timeout exceeded while attempting to flock lock" and "Error:
> Couldn't lock /home/matt/mail/inbox" and "Cannot open the temporary
> mailbox to spool POP3 messages: "/home/matt/mail/inbox"".

Did it happen only at the beginning, and you had "check mail on startup"
option selected? It's harmless (but yes, it should be fixed). Just
unselect this option for the time being, we will try to fix this problem.

If it happened in other circumstances, please describe them precisely
(your actions, balsa settings etc), this will help us to find this bug.

/Pawel
--
Pawel Salek (pawsa@theochem.kth.se) http://www.theochem.kth.se/~pawsa/
Theoretical Chemistry Division, KTH voice: +46 8 790-8202