Re: Folders

On Tue, 08 Aug 2000 14:44:29 Nathan Clemons wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Aug 2000, Carlos Morgado wrote:

[snip]

> > > This kind of support would be a good idea, in my opinion, even after we
> > > get true integration with PGP/GPG. It could also allow for manual
> > > filtering of messages (perhaps filters to semi-automatically complain
> > > about spam, etc.).
> > >
> > no, not automatic spam complaints please.
> >
> > cheers
> >

> No offense, but I find this... wrong. Isn't the idea to take suggestions,
> decide what is best for the user base, and develop appropriately? Not
> letting personal bias influence that?

i commented on the sugestions ;)

> Maybe you have the time to complain individually about each one, or an
> email address unknown enough not to get a few hundred pieces of spam a
> week. If so, more power to you! But otherwise, some of us will do what we
> need to to solve the problem as we see it. Whether that be RSS, RBL, ORBS,
> automated spam complaining systems tying with procmail, or whatever.
>
> My point was more that with a filter, you could select a message,
> "filter" it so it would bring up a template for a complaint. The user
> could then alter it to suit their purposes before sending it. Another

oh. i instanteneously thought Gooch-on-crack-on-linux-kernel-ml type
autoresponder and barfed. that would be acceptable yes.

> filter could also be to clean up mail headers on a forwarded message,
> which would cut down on the amount of "noise" in some mailing lists and
> provide more "signal".

i still think procmail when i think mail filtering, but since balsa has
pop3 it might as well have filters (to avoid being incomplete).

> Just some thoughts. I'm not saying we should per se go out and do this. It
> was more an idea that I was mentioning for comments, with some attempts at
> possible scenarios.

sorry, i didn't mean to be offensive in any way or imply you are "wrong"
but years of usenet and mls made me like this ;)

cheers

Software is like sex; it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds