POP3 problems

Hi
I'm trying to find a suitable email program for my laptop, and that is easier
said than done ... but I will not burden you with those kind of trivialities
since you guys actually have done something about it.

Balsa looks good, but I can't make it work :-(

I have set up a POP3 account on my local machine, and I have some mails lying
there waiting to be retreived. My other mail program reads them without
problems, but with balsa I get the following (with the debugging option):

Message: 136575496, 0, POP3
Message: 136438464, 0, POP3: local mail
Message: 136086112, 3, Error: Timeout exceeded while attempting flock lock!
Message: 136522584, 3, Error: Cannot open the temporary mailbox to spool POP3
messages: "¨µP@"
Message: 135941264, 0, IMAP
Message: 135941264, 0, Local Mail
Message: 136645920, 4, Inbox
Message: 136165968, 5, Finished

I am lost here. Balsa communicates nicely with the POP3 server but the
"¨µP@"-part is just weird.

Also, is there any way you can avoid having "inbox" as an IMAP folder?

Hoping to hear from you.
Morten

http://www.MailMe.dk er sponsoreret af http://www.DanBBS.dk