Balsa Website as CVS

I think that the CVS version of the Balsa website is OK and hopefully
we can set up www.balsa.net to reflect this. I converted the gif's to
jpg's due to the usual 'patent problems'; perhaps png's for the
screenshots is better? (The png versions of the screenshots are included
in CVS but not installed or linked to).

You can get the website as the Gnome CVS module 'balsa-website'

I updated some of the files; the FAQ is now accurate, and I added a
notice that "Balsa 0.8 is coming soon!". A demo can be found at
http://www.newton.cx/balsa/

I set up a cron job that just looks like this to update
the site every hour:

0 * * * * (cd $HOME/cvs/balsa-website && cvs -z3 update && make install) 1>/dev/null

Setting up the website is as straightforward as this for me:

$ cvs -z3 -d ":pserver:peterw@cvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome" co balsa-website

or, if you already have CVS Balsa checked out, you need only go into
the directory balsa/website/.

$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/home/httpd/html/balsa --with-root="http://www.newton.cx/balsa"
$ make install

(I have permissions to install to that directory, of course.)

Now this also means that we can edit the website as we desire -- maybe
get some interesting developer info or stuff. There might also be
some better support of mirroring distributions, or other customiziblities.

--
Peter Williams peter@newton.cx