Re: Drat! (2) (Re: Todo list -- POP3 retriever)

On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, David Pickens wrote:
>This is upsetting in that I'd be the last person to want to produce a mail
>client that large numbers of people couldn't use.  On the other hand,
>allowing the user to specify the behavior at compile-time might be the
>best solution.

I guess I should mention that you CAN build libpthread code on libc5 systems,
so long as no more than one thread does libc calls.  Generally, this means most
threaded code doesn't work, but in principal threads can be used if you are
willing to put up with the pain-in-the-*## code surveying.