The point of open source ...

>>I really have to interject a STRONG objection here.
>>	I have to say it: If you're going to develop the product, then develop
>>the "whole" product. don't leave a major portion of the user base out in the
>>cold.

Hi --

I think the point of open source development is that there is no "one
developer" whom you must beg to implement features. I agree with you that
POP support is critical to any good email package, as people will be using
POP for quite some time to come. But why get all huffy about it when the
source code and general development is open? If you do not have the
programming skills yourself, someone out there probably will -- playing a
support role like organizing coders would be better than just complaining,
wouldn't it?

>	Sigh.. will us POP users EVER have a decent E-Mail package, or are well
>all destined to live with Netscape & Pine?

Again, couldn't agree with you more.

ryan