Re: Some feature suggestions

> > Smart filtering system: when you have a message open or selected you can
> > click on a button to create a new filtering rule which has a bunch of the
> > choices filled in based on information from the current message.
>
> People on the list have heard my thoughts on filtering before :-)
> Basically, for people who store their mail remote - i.e. IMAP users -
> then logically filtering should be done server-side.  My ISP (which is
> my university) allows me sophisticated server-side filtering, the upshot
> of which is that I'm unlikely to be working on clever client-side
> filtering.  It would be great if someone would, though.

I'm interested in doing client-side filtering.  There are lots of things I
do in Outlook at work that I find useful in terms of filtering.  One thing
it doesn't do, however, is give the ability to filter mail AFTER it has
arrived.  For instance I want messages in a certain folder to be moved to
another folder after I reply to them.

any thoughts on integrating perl/python to let people write their own
plugins and to make the filtering more flexible?

Cheers,
Chris