Re: Configuration

On Wed, 3 Mar 1999, Walt Armour wrote:
> I agree here too.  Reinventing the wheel is mostly a waste of time (but a
> very frequent one in the software biz).  But IMO reinventing the wheel can
> sometimes be outweighed by functionality and usablity.  It's a shame that
> there isn't a libprocmail that we could use transparently.

Hmm..

I don't really understand what you're saying here, walt.

What would the libprocmail allow you to do, that you can't already do?

If you want balsa to interface with procmail, then all you have to do is
write a GUI configurator for the .procmailrc, and plonk it into balsa's
preferences..

Programs such as procmail are designed *so* simply that they don't need a
lib to interface - their interface is their command line options, their
config files, and their standard-input.

In fact, you wouldn't even need the user to have selected procmail as
their MDA.  You could simply invoke procmail direct from within balsa.

Jules