Balsa development.

Hi fellows.

Have been looking at balsa code to add some functionality I needed to
use balsa instead of pine.

After this I concluded like everyone before me that balsa code is
confusing and is not using the latest stuff gnome is offering like
gnome-config instead of libProplist. A major rewrite is needed because we
can't work on this code. When I add some stuff to the
program I feel like I'm fixing a bug and adding another.

But before rewriting the code we must define what interface we are going
to have between the front-end and back-end. It must be a description of
what the back-end is going to offer in terms of IMAP, POP, etc. A
description of functions available would be nice.
If we define the interface we can have a coordinated job in rewriting
balsa. Some people work on the front-end and other people work on the
back-end.

With this we can have an even better talk-good_code ratio.

                                               Bruno Pires Marinho
                                      http://camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~bapm/