Re: libfetchmail (was Re: Camel)

On Tue, 15 Jun 1999, David Fallon wrote:

> <grin>
>
> What's the point of making a great mail reader if there's no mail for it to
> read? Displaying messages in folders, etc. is fairly trivial once you've got
> the messages... finding a solid solution for dealing with the various
> protocols is key.

Many users ,like me , is getting their mail automatic at night.
Then you "read" it offline in the morning.
I am using pine in the moment because balsa lacks functionality and
is to buggy...

My conclusion to this is, you dont need any POP3/SMTP in the beginning.
and we can hardworking to fixs all bugs in the reader.

When this is done we could start working to implement pop3/smtp
as an library/bonobo object for those people who getting their mail
manually.

IMHO pop/smtp librarys should be an option if you dont want to install
it.

Greatings

MikeH

Sorry my poor english :-/