problem connecting to IMAP server

I'm trying to get balsa 0.6.0 working with an IMAP server.

Whenever I try to connect to my IMAP server it says that the login failed
and then it will crash.  I did some debugging and tracked the problem down
to the strfcpy() call on line 1234 of libmutt/imap.c.

I used to be able to program C decently, but I don't do it in my career
and I can't read it as good as I used to.

I'm trying to follow the while (r != 0) loop in imap_authenticate, and I
can't figure out how it's supposed to be working.  The value of r is only
reset from the imap_exec() call, and from the structure of the code it
looks like that it will try to connect to the IMAP server idefinitely if
the login fails.  In my case, it's during the second time through the
while loop that the program crashes.

Am I reading this code right?

(I haven't really looked into the preferences to make sure my password is
correct and then fix it, it was more interesting to check into this
possible bug.)

---
Douglas L Stewart
douglas@pobox.com