Re: gob

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Eric Christopher wrote:

> I saw mention of this yesterday at the cvs commit and having just
> subscribed to the list I'm not quite sure what this is.  I'd like to
> start hacking on a mail client (I haven't found one I'm satisfied with
> on any platform), and decided to start by building the latest and
> greatest.

To build you just need gob and docbook. Then find where you have gnome
installed (for example /opt/gnome) then do

	./autogen.sh --prefix=/opt/gnome
	make
	make install

Later you can use the options to have multi-thread support and some other
broken features (you said you want to hack the thing).

But after this you have balsa installed on your system.

> Can someone give me a pointer?  I also didn't see any hacking rules in
> the cvs directory.  Is there a particular style guideline or place
> (other than this list) that patches should be submitted?

For a start you can send patches to this list. The code style is the one
Stuart (look at file balsa/src/balsa-index.c) is using for now but I think
we need to define one (not necessary Stuart style) and take sometime
converting the code to this selected style.

Bye and have an Happy New Year.

                                               Bruno Pires Marinho
                                      http://camoes.rnl.ist.utl.pt/~bapm/