0.6.0 is out

Hi everyone,

I've submitted a 'news item' to gnotices about our release, based on the
notice that I posted here.  One person I spoke to had difficulty
installing because he had no mailbox file in /var/spool/mail/, and he also
noted that entering 'false' information in the IMAP configuration allows
you to crash the program, but other than this it seems to work!

If nothing else, I guess this means that we need to continue to work on
more graceful error handling.  Unfortunately, the code to send mail from
the Outbox didn't make it into the release -- it seems that we need to do
a bit of digging in libmutt to get this to work.

I'm sure that we'll have to release a version with bug-fixes in January,
and we can add that ability when we release the follow-up.  Is anyone
experienced at putting together binaries?  It might not hurt to get those
up on the site too.

I noticed that it still doesn't use multi-threaded code by default, but I
posted a little note on the post saying that we strongly encourage
glibc users to take advantage of "./configure --enable-threads".

There's still plenty to do, but I think we should be happy about the
release;  for the first time I feel I can use Balsa as a primary e-mail
client...

Thanks everyone,

David