No Subject

I'm including a rough first draft of a Gnotices notice.  Credit goes to
Peter for suggesting the department:  (I assume this or a modified
version of this will be appropriate for Freshmeat)

By the way, is this release 0.6.0 or 0.5.0?  It seems odd to wrap all of
this change into a 0.0.5 increment.

===========================

Balsa Release 0.6.0
Like-a-pheonix-it-rises-from-the-flames-dept

Development of Balsa resumed this Fall after a long period of
inactivity, and the developers are pleased to announce a new release:
Balsa 0.6.0.  Balsa is a Gnome e-mail client supporting POP3, IMAP and
local mail delivery, and it is available for download from
http://www.balsa.net .

The latest version adds many new features and includes substantial
change to the underlying program structure.  These modifications
include:

Multi-threaded mail retrieval and mail delivery for glibc machines
(Users will be able to read and to compose messages while sending and
retrieving mail)
A more intuitive initialization routine using Druids
A vastly improved UI, including:
        progress dialogs
        context-menus for reply/forward/delete/transfer
Support for both SMTP and local sendmail delivery
Improved IMAP and POP3 mail support
Print capability
Automatic mail retrieval (at user defined intervals)
Many new options for customization
Countless bug-fixes

Those in the Gnome community who haven't yet tried Balsa, and those who
haven't used Balsa since release 0.4.9.5, are encouraged to try this
latest release and to send suggestions and bug reports to the balsa
mailing list.  (Subscribe by sending an e-mail message to
balsa-list-request@gnome.org with "subscribe" in the subject.)

The latest development version is always available from the gnome CVS
tree.  (See http://developer.gnome.org for more information about using
CVS.)

=======================

Should I provide a contact e-mail address, and if so, whose? :)

Have I missed anything important?  I'd welcome any comments either here
on the list or privately.

People have been quiet for the last couple of days.  How are things
going?  The current code works well for me -- the delete problem seems
to be gone.  I have a one line fix for an error message on stderr when
you try to check your mail with the inbox closed, but this is no big
deal.

What needs to be done before we package it up?  Any show-stopping bugs
I'm not aware of?

David