search functionally

As I said earlier; I'm working on searching for mail. But I got a problem
I really don't understand.

Maybe someone here could tell me why?

This doesn't work:

list = GTK_CLIST(data)->row_list;

while ( list ) {
   message = gtk_clist_get_row_data(GTK_CLIST(data),
                         GPOINTER_TO_INT(list->data));
   printf("this is the subject: %s\n", message->subject);
   list = list->next;
}

But when I put:

list = GTK_CLIST(data)->selection;

instead. It work. And if i comment out the printf line and add a counter,
i counts the correct number of messages (both using row_list and
selection).

Can it have something to do with that I'm loading the search-dialog from a
shared library? (did that so it won't be loaded unless you need it).

Suggestions?

-Ragnar-