POP3 & SMTP

Hi!
I just dounload lastest version of balse from www.balsa.net.
I read, what Balsa supports POP3 mail-boxes, but when I try to create new mail-box, it provides me only local and IMAP mailboxes for creating. There are no POP3 mailbox-type in dialog.
Is it bug or is it feature?
Also, then I try to edit outgoing mails preference, Balsa disables SMTP selection, so, I can not use SMTP for sending mails.

____________________________________
Alexey Kakunin, M.Sc.
STAR Spb. (RUSSIA)
Phone business:  +7 812 325 0770
Mobile phone:  +7 901 977 9908
mailto:small@star.spb.ru
____________________________________
BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Kakunin;Alexey
FN:Alexey Kakunin
NICKNAME:small
ORG:STAR Spb. (RUSSIA)
TEL;WORK;VOICE:+7 325 0770
TEL;CELL;VOICE:+7 901 977 9908
ADR;WORK:;;;Saint-Petersburg;;;Russia
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Saint-Petersburg=0D=0ARussia
ADR;HOME:;;;Saint-Petersburg;;;Russia
LABEL;HOME;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Saint-Petersburg=0D=0ARussia
X-WAB-GENDER:2
URL:http://www.star.spb.ru/~small
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:small@star.spb.ru
REV:19990808T083219Z