RE: Commit mailbox, good idea?

Imagine a mailbox that has, say, 5000 1k-10k messages in it.

Now, imagine if, each time you hit delete, it has to write that 5Mb-50Mb
mailbox back to disk without the little 10k slice from the middle somewhere.

On the other hand, with commit, you can delete as many as you like, and then
they all get wiped at once.

I'd say that auto-committing would be good on exit or on a configurable
periodic basis, though.

Jim