balsa...

So,

Since getting together through irc may not be able to happen because of
the geography involved...what about getting some ideas flying around the
list here?

Not ever having used balsa I don't really know what it offered, but having
gone through the website I would like to see things like this in it:

1. Extensible well documented plug-in architecture. i.e. What is core
functionality and what can be modularized?
2. Support for Local Mail, POP, IMAP (more through plug-ins/modules)
3. Support for encryption, authentication standards. (PGP, Kerebros, APOP,
IPSec and others through plug-ins/modules)
4. Support for multiple accounts simultaneously so you can use 1 program
for all of your mail accounts (possibly even HotMail accounts through the
HotMole program - turn it into a module).
5. A gui similar to what it looks like now - it seems to look fine.

Obviously some of these are going to take a *lot* of work, but if it's
been modularized at least the core functionality can be started and the
rest can fall into place as we gather momentum.

Also, what's the status of www.balsa.net? Is it dead? If so, and this is
actually going to happen, can we "take it over" and start updating it?

I don't want to step on anybody's toes, but I'd like to get things
going/delegated/gathering steam.

Darron
darron@odi.ca
darron@calgary.westworld.ca