Re: New Balsa-Team?

>Hi Nathan!
>

>>If Balsa is indeed dead, is anyone interested in teaming up to pick up
>>where the original authors left off?
>YES!
>I think this would be a great idea!
>
>Does anyone know how to access the files from www.balsa.net?
>Because I guess it would be quite a good idea to put it up to date ASAP!
>
>Who would like to join as well?

I would like to ...
I allready did some updates to the website (still on my hd), still got some
i18n fixes
here on my hd, but patches seem to go to /dev/null

about 4 months ago, we (2 local programmes) had the plan to integrate
the adressbook from gnome-pim into balsa .. but now I think balsa has some
other more serious problems ...
I allready announced my willing to help code the new libbalsa as soon as
some
API exists for it. but that was 2-3 months ago, never heared anything of
libbalsa again ...

I think libbalsa is the most urgent thing to do, because libmutt is really
worse. (no smtp, not that much
of imap support, network blocking all the time ... etc ...)
(try getting mail from a slow server ... never seen that much freezing ...)

regards,
    Michael