POP3 Mailboxes and the FAQ

Two questions about balsa:

With 4.5, I was unable to open my POP3 mailbox. The program died with
bizarre garbage errors whenever I tried.

While I still can't open it in 4.6.2, I am getting an actual errors
message:
mail.smartlink.net: No such file or directory (errno = 2)

My first question is, how do I open my POP3 mailbox in balsa? I only use
POP3 mail, so balsa isn't very useful to me without this feature.

Also, I noticed that balsa does not have a FAQ yet. If nobody has yet
taken on the job, I would like to. I just want to make sure that someone
hasn't already started one.

Regards,

-zack