Re: bad drawable error / hint -> could someone investigate further?

Herbert Valerio Riedel wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Dec 1998, Jeff Garzik wrote:
>
> > I am not an X color expert, so maybe someone else can beat me to this
> > (possibly imlib) problem.  This occurs on a 16bpp display, RH5.2/Alpha.
> [...]
> neither am I... :-)
>
> > Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)
> >   serial 77 error_code 9 request_code 53 minor_code 0
> [...]
>
> well, I got that error too, for almost every gnome-app using gnome-libs...
> I finally succeded to track it down to the changes made between the 2
> revisions 1.57 and 1.58 of gnome-libs/libgnomeui/gnome-init.c

You are awesome.  :)  I was poking around in imlib trying to find the
problem, and you went and did all the detective work for me!

I have just committed a simple fix:  AXP users must _manually_ define
BROKEN_AXP_IMLIB in gnome-init.c in order for things to work again.
(look for a "FIXME" near the top of gnome-init.c)

This of course masks the real problem, but it shouldn't break anything,
and it gets GNOME apps working on Alpha again.

	Jeff