Re: Conference Brochure 2017

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 1:53 AM, meg ford <megford gnome org> wrote:
Hi,
On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 12:42 AM, Bin Li <libin charles gmail com> wrote:

 We had made the final decision last night, the GNOME.Asia 2017 will
be hosted in ChongQing of China. This event will be in October.

 ChongQing is one of the five national central cities in China, has a
significant history and culture and serves as the economic center of
the upstream Yangtze basin. It is a major transportation hub in
southwestern China. There are a lot of famous colleges and
universities in China, such as ChongQing University and Southwest
University. For the venue, the local team will select one from these
two universities or 'Chongqing Science and Technology Museum'.

 More about the detail of the city, please visit below link. Thanks!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chongqing

Thanks very much! I'm including Neil and Allan in the email chain since
they've been working on the conference brochure and have a few questions. As
you know, Neil is our new executive director. He'll be taking the lead on
fundraising for GNOME so it's great that he's working on the brochure :)
Cool!

The link to the current draft of the brochure is here [0]. As you can see,
there is a table for sponsorship levels and the GNOME.Asia and combined
sponsorship levels are:
Platinum Level GNOME.Asia $10,000
Platinum Level Combined Price $20,000

Gold Level GNOME.Asia $7,500
Gold Level Combined Price $15,000

Silver Level GNOME.Asia $5,000
Silver Level Combined Price $10,000

Bronze Level GNOME.Asia $2,500

Supporter Level GNOME.Asia $1,000

Are the dollar amounts correct? Do we need to change anything? Also, since
you will be co-locating with OpenSUSE, what perks will you be able to offer
for each level? How have you handled perks when you co-located in the past
(for example, in Beijing and Taiwan)?
Yes, we used these amounts in 2016, it should be same for this year.
We will discuss more about it with local team. If any change, we will
let you know.

For co-host with OpenSUSE, we call for sponsor separately. We just
share the cost such as venue, and if the speakers are from GNOME and
OpenSUSE, we could share travel cost. If we have income from donation
tickets, we also share it, as we did same in Beijing, :)

Thanks for your time!

Thanks so much for all your help :)
Meg

Sincerely Yours,