Re: Sports game during the GNOME.Asia Summit 2014

Also there is now a wikipage [1] for we can use for planning.

1 https://wiki.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2014Summit/Sports

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Oliver Propst <oliver propst gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 5:14 AM, Emily Chen <emilychen522 gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

On last IRC meeting, we vote to have ONLY table tennis game on May 24,
7-9pm.

Today, the student in Beihang told me that he already booked the football
field, basketball court and table tennis in Beihang university, he told me
that it has went through the university complex process, the price is very
cheap in the name of university internal use.

I would like to propose to keep those three games.
Speaking for myself I can not take any responsibility for organizing a
game, so if there will be basketball game someone from the local team
need to be be responsible and organizing it.

I also invite Halton Huofrom Intel (who is a GNOME developer and joined
GUADEC many times ) to responsible for basketball activities. I know Oliver
will help to organizing the overall sports game in Summit.
I will help where I can, but don't except me to have a major role in this.

Bin Li has joined
the football game in GUADEC before, he has experience to organizing football
Great.

game. Max and I can help to organize the pingping games.
Great.

I think we can follow the example from GUADEC 2012:

http://2012.guadec.org/node/47
https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2012/Sports
Sounds very good.

What I think is important is that the local team can provide info
about the sport venue and water supply before the event so we can
invite people to register for the games.

--
-mvh Oliver Propst

--
-mvh Oliver Propst