Re: Proposal for GNOME.Asia Summit 2014 in Beijing

On Tue, September 3, 2013 7:28 pm, Max wrote:
Thanks  for Bin and BJGUG to submit a proposal to 2014, and Sammy give
suggestions.

My suggestion is:

*  Try to have a welcome party(If our sponsorship is enough) instead
hackfest before the conference days( 2 days conference at Sat and Sun).
*  Try to have a women's dinner during the summit. (If our sponsorship is
enough).

Even if there is no sponsorship, we can organize this anyway and have
people pay their own way. We've done that before at GUADEC. This was the
first year that we got a sponsor for it.

*  Add more information if we could co-work with openSUSE.  Like....

To be honest, I was very confused by the proposal. Were the original dates
chosen to work with opensuse scheduling? I'd also like to hear more about
how the two conferences could work together.

  **  Add one more track (total 3 tracks in conference).

Perhaps we could see what kind of speaker proposals we get? I'd hate for
us to lower our speaker standards to fill a track. For GUADEC we reduced
the tracks to 2 and I think that was really helpful. Or do you mean that
GNOME.Asia could be the third track?

  **  Maybe we could have same opening session / keynotes.

This is a really good idea, especially if we can work with the opensuse
people to help select the keyoter.

  **  Have a budget evaluate ( max budget and min budget) if we co-work
with openSUSE. (we could just make simple, if we have the same session
slots and go dutch with expense)

Right - that could be a huge advantage of working with opensuse. It could
really save us money.

*  Maybe we could consider let attendee choose they want to buy or not to
buy GNOME.Asia 2014 T-shirts when they register and try to pay
online.(Reference GUADEC 2013)(optimize our budget and we could do
more....

+1

)
*  Maybe we could consider design different tickets when they register and
try to pay online.(Base on free tickets, but if they come from company or
they want to donate)(Reference GUADEC 2013)(optimize our budget and we
could do more.... )

I think it's good to open mind to co-work with different FOSS community.
Maybe this year we co-work with openSUSE, next year co-work with
others(Like ubuntu or KDE or Fedora).
We must share the resource and work (fight?) together.  Make FOSS and
newcomers getting more and more.
We are the same to contribute with FOSS, so in my personal, don't add any
tag ( GNOME / KDE / Ubuntu / openSUSE / fedora / .....) on our head.  We
must co-work and moving something forward.
Sorry for my poor English and It's real early to write this letter in my
time zone.

your English is great! (And thanks to everyone for speaking English when
it's not your first language!) I'm open to working with others and think
we should explore it so long as we make sure that our goals for the GNOME
community are achievable. We don't want our event to be overshadowed by
another, but I do think there could be real advantages to working
together.

We are still learning, so we could try to do more a little every year.
^__^
Please feel free to give us suggestion.

thanks for your hard work!
karen