Re: Proposal for GNOME.Asia Summit 2014 in Beijing

(grammar correction)

I think probably it looks good if BJGUG intends to host a independent GNOME Asia Summit event as hosts of past 2 years (Seoul and Hong Kong) ***with this proposal****.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:01 AM, Sammy Fung <sammy opensource hk> wrote:
Thanks for Bin and BJGUG to submit a proposal to apply the hosting GNOME Asia Summit 2014.

My opinions is the following.

I think probably it looks good if BJGUG intends to host a independent GNOME Asia Summit event as hosts of past 2 years (Seoul and Hong Kong).

But as the Asia committee know, BJGUG intends to host a joint event with OpenSUSE Asia, but the proposal didn't provide details, only 1 line telling Asia committee that it is a joint event. So I suggests BJGUG to provide more details of this cooperation.

Starting from part 4.
- Tentative date should mention dates of OpenSUSE Asia for reference.
- I suggest Hackfest should be hosted before the main conference, eg. Friday.

On part 6.
- Brief Schedule of OpenSUSE Asia should be included, and how many and how will the room arranged for both events, and booths, BoFs, Hackfests, sports and party.........
- How should participants register ? They should register one for both events, or seperated ?

On part 8 to 9.
- How will budget arrange if we cooperate with OpenSUSE Asia ? How many (or which part of) expenses should each party pay ?
- And how are our sponsorship package(s) ? How should sponsorship amount spend into this joint event ? Will you consider give discount if a potential sponsor would like to sponsor both events ?

And I think some parts on the proposal are similiar to above.

I know how to re-write the proposal. ;) But above are my tips/hints, and I couldn't say more how should it be rewritten, as I am a member in Asia committee. It should be done by local team, and local team should tell us the difference and pros/cons of each plan. :)