Re: Manipal LUG meeting - GNOME | GUG presentation

Hello Everyone,

Dear Bharath, dear Akhil

Vikash from Manipal Linux User Group would like to invite somebody from GNOME.Asia to present in their LUG meeting about GNOME so as to help them build a sub-group of GNOME User Group under their LUG.

As you know there are already 8 students made it to GSoC in Manipal this year, Vikash said GNOME.Asia is the driving force :) and believe with your presentations (plus 1 or 2 days sessions), it will further help to promote GNOME and get more contributors there!

Please talk directly to Vikash for the schedule and topics!

It would be great if we could have a session or a workshop on "How to Contribute to GNOME ( or Open Source ) ", it would be simply great.

As my discussion with Pockey lam, I guess its very true that Gnome Asia Summit was the major driving force for me towards Open Source Contribution. I personally also plan to start contributing to Gnome by October of this year as I plan to study gnome in September.

I think a 2 day workshop, would be a great start and this will drive many students towards contribution in Gnome.

Commenting on Gnome Users Group, I think majority of us use Gnome itself. And an event like this would surely drive many people towards it. Personally I am towards it, but due to university and college norms we might have a problem, as a result I will surely talk in Lug and would give a follow up.

Regards
Vikash Agrawal