Re: Hackfest party and tour

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 10:25 +0530, Akhil Laddha wrote:
> Hi,
>     I assume we are planning to have hackfest party on 2nd April. Half
> day tour do you want to do on 2nd April or 4th April ?
>
> Just to note - most of monuments close by 5 or 6 pm in the evening.
>
> Last time we got the feedback that people don't prefer travel for 2-3
> hrs. In that case we can just roam around in Bangalore city. I had
> shared a website [1] to pockey long back regarding places in Bangalore.
> As we are looking for historical places, suggestion will be
>
> (a) Bangalore palace http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangalore_Palace
> (b) Tipu sultan palace
> http://www.bangalore-karnataka.com/travelinformation/tipusultanpalace.htm
> (c) Bull temple http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nandi_Temple
> (d) Devanahalli Fort http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devanahalli_Fort
> (e) Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum
> http://www.vismuseum.org.in/about.html
> (f) Bannerghatta National Park
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bannerghatta_National_Park
>
> If you choose (f), only that place is possible to visit in half day.
>
> If you choose (d), only that place is possible to visit in half day.
>
> If you choose (a),(b),(c) - all three can be covered in half day.
>
> [1]
> http://www.bangalore-karnataka.com/travelinformation/bangalorepalace.htm
>
> Let us know your preferences, local team will arrange for the same.
>
> We will suggest hackfest party venue choices soon.

Please find suggestions below

1) http://www.bjngroup.in/restaurants/cafe-masala.html

2)
http://www.hardrock.com/locations/cafes3/cafe.aspx?LocationID=514&MIBenumID=3

3) http://www.myopus.in/

4)
http://bangalore.burrp.com/listing/take-5_indiranagar_bangalore_cafes-lounges/176204633__AB##listing  Far from hotel / venue.

We will have to book place in advance where ever we plan to go.

Budget will depend mostly on how much people drink but if we restrict,
every place will come under $30 per person :-)

- Akhil