Re: how many lunch do we include?

On 03/24/2011 07:17 PM, Akhil Laddha wrote:
Per person food will cost ~ $2. Even if there is a decision to give free
food to 500 people, it will make hole of $1000 in gnome.asia budget.
There has been lots of efforts made to get sponsors and initial thoughts
were that committee should try to save money for next year, instead of
spending on not worthwhile items.

There is no hand and fast need to make consistency with previous years,
like committee were not ready to make consistency with foss.in and kde.
Pattern can be changed.

If we really think it's necessary, we can ask some fast food vendor to
come at venue and there is no need to pay him anything. He will charge
for food from buyers. This way you can have food at venue without us
coming in picture.

I would vote to keep money safe and use next year as advised earlier.

- Akhil
+ 1 , so let's not provide any lunch to participants.

But we still provide lunches for speakers, volunteers, MCs, what do you think?

(1) is difficult because we do not have the exact count now because we
are free, some might come, some might not, no guarantees.

(2) No lunch option. We provide to only speakers, sponsors, volunteers,
and booth attendees. The only reason, people from outside India might
not know the place around or the local language. Others can manage on
their own in the college campus, or restaurants around.

The only reason I do not vote for 500 or 700 is to be fair on the other
registrants. A basic necessity like food cannot be limited, just because
someone got late to register. Goodies, kits we can easily say first 500
- 700 get it, but food I am not really sure.

Regards,
Bharath