Re: how many lunch do we include?

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 18:38 +0800, Frederic Muller wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I think it's important to set a limit on the free food and mention it on
> the website (something like "only the first xxxx will have free lunch
> coupons).
>
> What did we plan in the budget and what can we do now? I think we
> mentioned 2 numbers yesterday 500 and 700. Which one shall we pick?

I would vote for either (1) free for all, and (2) no lunch for anyone
(everyone manage on their own)

(1) is difficult because we do not have the exact count now because we
are free, some might come, some might not, no guarantees.

(2) No lunch option. We provide to only speakers, sponsors, volunteers,
and booth attendees. The only reason, people from outside India might
not know the place around or the local language. Others can manage on
their own in the college campus, or restaurants around.

The only reason I do not vote for 500 or 700 is to be fair on the other
registrants. A basic necessity like food cannot be limited, just because
someone got late to register. Goodies, kits we can easily say first 500
- 700 get it, but food I am not really sure.

Regards,
Bharath