Re: Hotel arrangement

On 03/02/2011 12:46 PM, Bharath Acharya wrote:
Since I am the one sending speakers notification, they will reply my
email to let me know if they need booking, then I will forward the
request to you.
Sounds good. Forward it to the list.

3) If approved by the Travel Committee (Hackfest days the accommodation
would be approved for all), then we pay for their accommodation, else
they manage it themselves.
Why just hackfest days? Why do we need to make a difference between
hackfest and conference days?
No difference made. I just mentioned that for Hackfest we would surely
be managing it ourselves. For speakers for the conference the committee
would be deciding based on the budgets etc. Then we'll book it for them,
if they have subsidy. No difference between hackfest and conference days
for the people attending the hackfest.

I think every hackfest participants (coming from outside of India) will
attend the conference and maybe the 1 day tour, so I would suggest we
help them also pay the conference days hotel rooms on top of hackfest days.

So the process should be:

every participants should follow the travel subsidy policy to apply for
subsidies.
If they are approved by the travel committee, notify gnome.asia team and
we help them to pay for all the approved hotel rooms fee.
The travel committee and GNOME.Asia committee should clearly notify
applicants in advance that for the fee of the days that are not
approved, they need to cover by themselves.

And of course the local team should notify the hotel of the arrangement
in advance as well.

What do you think?
No thinking. Exactly what I meant. You just worded the exact same thing
differently that's all :)
Excellent, it's all clear now :) Please share this arrangement with the travel committee then, thanks!
Any other thing, let me know.

Regards,
Bharath

What part of it needs clarification?

So for hackfest attendees we book and manage everything ourself, but
they still need to mention in their travel subsidy form that they want
to be sponsored with the exact number of days mentioned.

*Mail to speakers*
+ Please let us know when you plan to attend the conference (Apr 2, Apr
3 or both days)

+ Can you cover the hotel costs yourself? If not, please fill in the
travel subsidy form and send it to asia-summit-list gnome org and
travel-committee gnome org

+ Please send us a mail at asia-summit-list gnome org if you want the
organizers to book your hotel. The apartment details are mentioned at,
http://2011.gnome.asia/en/p/Accommodation/

Regards,
Bharath