Re: Conference registration option

Dear all,

+1 to sell tshirts!

Since we have raised $10k so far, I have modified the budget to minimize the cost of the event to $20K by:

1) not printing conference bag and flyers (we saved ~$1000)
2) 1 day outing / tour fee to be paid by our speakers / volunteers instead (I think we don't mind to pay by ourselves ;-) (we saved: $1500) 3) we only give away tshirts to speakers / volunteers, and the ~50 tshirts will be sent by China (to save t-shirts production cost in India) (we saved: $1400 for 350 tshirts) 4) based on the hackfest participants / speaker lists , I have estimated we will most likely sponsor 10 GNOME contributors to the event (for travel and accommodation) - i.e. we cannot accept more speakers from outside of India without additional fund / budget. (i.e. we budgeted $17K in total to sponsor ~10 hackers. For hotel rooms, 2 persons / room)

Detail budget can be accessed either in the wiki page [1] or the shared document (google doc) [2], if you cannot access, please let me know. I still believe we can raise more than $20k :) if we have more fund, let's prioritize our additional fund according 1 to 4 from the above items. Let's work harder on it together this month to raise at least 20k$ to cover our cost :-)

[1] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/BudgetEstimation?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=minbudget.png [2] https://spreadsheets2.google.com/ccc?authkey=CO-B09wD&hl=en&key=tSLJAF1QxPspGe82ZOwr5bg&hl=en&authkey=CO-B09wD#gid=1 <https://spreadsheets2.google.com/ccc?authkey=CO-B09wD&hl=en&key=tSLJAF1QxPspGe82ZOwr5bg&hl=en&authkey=CO-B09wD#gid=1>

Please let me know if you have any comment.

Pockey