Re: GNOME.Asia Summit - call for paper

On 01/18/2011 12:21 PM, Akhil Laddha wrote:
On Tue, 2011-01-18 at 10:29 +0800, Pockey Lam wrote:
The Call for Participation has the following time line
      * February 6th 2011 : Deadline for submission of abstracts
      * February 13rd 2011 : Notification of speakers

I have a small concern.

We are thinking for keeping 'deadline for sponsorship' for companies by
Feb 15, 2011. So when we notify speakers by Feb 13, 2011, we won't have
much idea about total sponsorship. Later when speakers apply for travel
subsidy, we may have to take decision based on the sponsorship what we
would have received. I hope it will be fair to assume that we may not be
able to sponsor all the notified speakers.
I proposed the date of deadline for call for papers before I received the call for sponsors draft :-)
No problem, let's talk about how to synchronize the deadlines for both call for paper and sponsors in the meeting today, please feel free to propose a date during the meeting, thanks!

Pockey
- Akhil