Re: GNOME

Dear Harsimran,

Thanks for your email!

You are also very welcome to join our conference on 2-3 April. Details can be found at http://gnome.asia. We will be opening registration soon, please stay tuned.

Regarding the hackfest, the purpose is mainly to work on the GNOME 3.0 release and help to grow the GNOME community in Asia.

Hence, the Hackfest is invitation only, but people from the community can put forth proposals about what they could work on or how they could contribute at the hackfest.   Invitations can be extended to anyone within the GNOME or Free Software community with a good, relevant idea to propose and the motivation to get involved.  By relevant proposal we mean something focused on the GNOME 3 launch, improving the GNOME community in Asia, etc.  In this case, if you are interested to join the hackfest, please prepare a proposal for us to consider.

Otherwise, we are also planning to provide some GNOME training to students or participants from March 30 to April 1, contents of training will include:
  • Testing and Bugsquadding in GNOME
  • User Experience design in GNOME
  • Porting applications to GNOME 3
  • Writing a simple app
  • Compilation lesson for gnome 3.0, or GTK 3 hacking
We will announce the registration of the training very soon too. Thanks!

Pockey