Re: GNOME.Asia Meeting Agenda - Feb 8, 2011 UTC 1400

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 20:54 +0800, Pockey Lam wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please find below the agenda of the coming IRC meeting. In order to
> save time for the irc meeting, let's update our action item status by
> email before the next meeting, thanks!

> Schedule:
> Date: Feb 8, 2011 - Tuesday
> Time: 1400 UTC  (1 hour)
> Channel: #asia-summit at GIMPnet server
>
> Agenda:
> 1) Update on outstanding action item status
> 2) Update on Call for sponsor
> 3) Discuss and decide on 1 day or 2 day conference
> 4) Plan the GNOME training [1] (how many trainers do we need? who can
> be our potential trainers?)
> 5) Plan the Technical helpdesk (who can be the potential helpers?)
> 6) Decide on the day of "Registration open" for the conference
> 7) Review the check-list:
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/CheckList
> 8) Other open topics
>
> [1] e.g. suggested topics: how to contribute to GNOME and show
> students how to write a simple app. Fred also suggested to have talk
> about compilation lesson for gnome 3.0, or GTK 3 hacking.
>
> New action items from last meeting:
>
> 1. fred to update the call for sponsor document to add 1 more package
> to attract more smaller companies to sponsor us (and then Lakhil and
> Abharath to approach smaller companies)  (DONE)
>
> 2. Emily to send an email to invite Fred to join the upcoming adboard
> meeting to present our hackfest (DONE)
>
> 3. Fred to work on a presentation / slides of the updates /
> attractions of Hackfest / GNOME.Asia Summit 2011 and gnome 3.0 launch
> party, send draft to the committee to review and present in the
> upcoming adboard meeting at 12am (local Beijing Time) on 9th Feb
> (local Beijing time)
>
> 4. Everybody to review the checklist / previous action items, and send
> updates by email to the mailing list
>
> *****newly added after the meeting => 5. Bharath to get a floor plan
> of the venue for booths planning

Bharath has contacted college and he should be able to give us floor
plan. We will get you floor plan before next meeting.

> Outstanding previous action items:
>
> 1. abharath, lakhil to update the local companies list @ potential
> sponsor page:
> - http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2011Summit/PotentialSponsors

No update.

> 2. Will to work on the website:
>  a) use test.gnome.asia to work on the new generic site (only launch
> it when it's ready)
>  b) registration system testing before live
>
> 3. Bharath / Akhil to put hotel information after bargain the discount
> with hotels in the hackfest page as soon as possible

No update.

> 4. Everybody to start writing faq for site

Bharath and myself have worked on initial set of faq. We will upload
them tomorrow on wiki so others can review and add more.

> 5. Bharath to find details for tax-free bank account
> (it is suggested to partner with another local non-profit organization
> to help to get the funding to avoid tax)

No update.

> 6. Bharath to reply on Pockey's email about marketing materials
> standard size
> (and then Pockey to ask Andreas help on design)
>
> 7. Akhil to check the bandwidth available at the venue

We have contacted college for bandwidth / network queries, but they have
suggested us to setup our own network. It will help them to keep their
network separate. Looks like we will have to contact an ISP.

> 8. Will / Max to work on the live streaming video for the conference
>
> 9. Max to send us email to update the web conference tool
> (to test the web conference tool (justin.tv) with BJ GNOME User Group
> as next step, and if the quality is good, Max to write a how-to in a
> wiki page so different launch parties organizers can connect their
> events together)

Sorry for not able to keep the required progress on AIs.

- Akhil