Re: Sunday Evening party and Monday tour

On Sat, 2011-04-02 at 19:02 +0800, Pockey Lam wrote:
> Dear both,
>
> Thanks a lot for the local team hard work, we all think the conference
> today is excellent!
>
> Tomorrow we will have a big day, so I booked 1 car to send speakers to
> the venue tomorrow starting from 8:30am.
>
> And we plan to have a evening dinner party tomorrow after the
> conference at 6:30pm, would you please arrange car service for 20
> people to go to the party venue at 6:30pm?
>
> How about Monday schedule for the tour, we will have around 10 people
> attending. Should we start a bit later, let's say 10am? Can we go to
> some historical places nearby?

Attaching the mail from Akhil who has planned everything and posted the
mail long back. We need a reply from everyone on the preference of
places etc so that we can book cabs on Apr 4.

A long day tomorrow, so I'll be very occupied with that :( So please
all, reply to the mail, and also keep Akhil posted on the final
decision.

Regards,
Bharath

> Thanks a lot!
>
> Pockey

--- Begin Message ---
Hi,
    I assume we are planning to have hackfest party on 2nd April. Half
day tour do you want to do on 2nd April or 4th April ?

Just to note - most of monuments close by 5 or 6 pm in the evening.

Last time we got the feedback that people don't prefer travel for 2-3
hrs. In that case we can just roam around in Bangalore city. I had
shared a website [1] to pockey long back regarding places in Bangalore.
As we are looking for historical places, suggestion will be

(a) Bangalore palace http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangalore_Palace
(b) Tipu sultan palace
http://www.bangalore-karnataka.com/travelinformation/tipusultanpalace.htm
(c) Bull temple http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nandi_Temple
(d) Devanahalli Fort http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devanahalli_Fort
(e) Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum
http://www.vismuseum.org.in/about.html
(f) Bannerghatta National Park
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bannerghatta_National_Park

If you choose (f), only that place is possible to visit in half day.

If you choose (d), only that place is possible to visit in half day.

If you choose (a),(b),(c) - all three can be covered in half day.

[1]
http://www.bangalore-karnataka.com/travelinformation/bangalorepalace.htm

Let us know your preferences, local team will arrange for the same.

We will suggest hackfest party venue choices soon.

Thanks,
Akhil