Re: Status of sponsorship

Hi Shane,

Thanks for providing below contacts. We have talked with some of them.
Canonical - We have send email to Chris Kenyon and they will discuss this internally
IBM - Hong is talking with IBM Vietnam, and IBM is interested be a bronze sponsor
OpenOffice - I don't think OpenOffice are very close with GNOME. Just my opinion
Linux Foundation - Mario, Pockey and Fred is contact them
Mozilla - We have contact with Christopher, Mary, Gen and Jane

For below company, do you have their email?
Linpus (best to talk with Stephen Lim, CEO?)
HP (best to talk with Bdale Garbee, open source office)
BlackDuck Software (best to talk with Peter Vescuso, marketing manager)

Thanks,
Emily

2009/10/14 Shane Martin Coughlan <shane opendawn com>
Hi Emily

Emily Chen said:
> Mario is sending call for sponsors to our potencial sponsors. Also, Stormy
> and Brian are spreading this message in GNOME foundation to call for
> sponsors. Hong Phus is also contacting local companies now.
> If you know any potential sponsors, please let us know, we can discuss it
> here. Sponsorship is not only fund, but also can sponsor a party, food or
> gifts etc.

Some organizations who may be interested:
 - Canonical (best to talk with Chris Kenyon, VP of OEM)
 - Linpus (best to talk with Stephen Lim, CEO?)
 - IBM (best to talk with Bob Sutor, Vice President Open Source and Linux)
 - OpenOffice.org (best to talk with Louis Suarez-Potts, community manager)
 - HP (best to talk with Bdale Garbee, open source office)
 - Linux Foundation (best to talk with Amanda McPherson, head of marketing?)
 - Mozilla Corporation (best to talk with Christopher Blizzard?)
 - BlackDuck Software (best to talk with Peter Vescuso, marketing manager)

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan