Re: Update on Summit Preparation Vietnam

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 7:38 AM, Shane Martin Coughlan <shane opendawn com> wrote:

> * As discussed it is a good idea to organize an excursion after the
> event, I think probably a two day trip. Or would more days be fine?
> Hong Phuc already talked to agencies/hotels about an excursion as
> well. A nice spot close to Ho-Chi-Minh City is Mui Ne (See:
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2009/Excursion and
> http://wikitravel.org/en/Mui_Ne)

An excursion is a nice idea if the audience will have free time.  However,
when I have travelled for conferences I don't usually have any extra days in
the location.  My suggestion is to ensure that all conference business (and
primary networking) is done within the event days, and this excursion is
purely an extra treat.

I agree. We should also consider finding something that is a day long, as many people might consider staying a day as opposed to two. Also, while the beach sounds great, something cultural would probably be more successful. Thoughts?

The day in Beijing was great - both to see the Great Wall and to hang out with other GNOME people and get to know them better.

Stormy