GNOME.Asia Summit Progress Report -- 5th Sep 2008

hi all,

Below is the progress report of GNOME.Asia Summit about what we have done in recent two weeks.

1. COPU (China OSS Promotion union) has joined us as the co-organizer of GNOME.Asia Summit

2. Sponsors
    - Motorola has confirmed that they are going to sponsor GNOME.Asia Summit, more detail proposal will be discussed in the next days.
    - The first local sponsor - Lemote Tech (the Chinese company who designed Loongson CPU that only run Linux) confirmed to sponsor 3pc x the latest version of laptops for the lucky draw program in Summit

3. Local Media Parter
    We are contacting some potential Medias as Media parters for this Summit :
    - ChinaUnix
    - CSDN
    - etc
    Thanks for the help from Fred and Qiang to help us contacting local media partner!

4. Status of the participants and speakers

    - Totally 86 active accounts has been registered and 84 will attend GNOME.Asia Summit (We haven't promote summit in public yet).
    - Confirmed with 25 + speakers and 18 of them have submitted their proposal through website.
    - Will Walker will attend Summit and host Accessibility Topics.
    - It is a pity that Dave Neary won't able to attend GNOME.Asia Summit.

5. Got specially discount with four hotels
    Check the detail information about hotels from:
    English: http://www.gnome.asia/en/page/location/hotelen/
    Chinese: http://www.gnome.asia/cn/page/location/hotelcn/

6. Localization of www.gnome.asia/cn
    We have completed most of the translation work for Chinese version of the website. Thanks for the great contribution from Pockey, Ray, Muriel, Will and Simon.

7. Improve the look and feel for the website
    Thanks for Will and Joey's great work on the website. The look and feel of the website are much better now.

Review our task list

We have done:

1. [Emily, Pockey, Fred] Work with COPU (China Open Source Software Promotion Union) to promote GNOME.Asia Summit, we will have a meeting next week;
    - We were discussing through emails and we are happy to have COPU joined as the co-organizer of our summit.
2. [Will, Muriel, Joey and Pockey] Fix bugs and add more contents to www.gnome.asia .
    - Lots of bugs has been fixed, new content has been updated to website.
3. [Emily, Evita] Post informations about hotels on website;
    - Done, check it from : http://www.gnome.asia/en/page/location/hotelen/
4. [Alfred, Emily] Contact MID team in Intel to call for participations;
    - Intel will send some technical speakers to Summit

Open Tasks and AIs
1. [All] Contact more local companies in China and invite them to participate in GNOME.Asia Summit; (On going)
2.[Maggie, Emily] Work with Sun China Open Source marketing team to promote GNOME.Asia Summit; (On going)
3. [Emily] Call for more speakers and sponsors; (On going);
4. [All] Subscribe to our new mail list asia-summit-list gnome org ASAP from http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/asia-summit-list ; (On going)
5. [All] Login to #asia-summit @irc.gnome.org  to join discussion and make plan for GNOME.Asia Summit. (On going)
6. [Dave, Halton] Help on setting up the wifi in the venue.

Thanks for everyone's passion and contribution to the first GNOME.Asia Summit! It is going be a successfully Summit because of you!

Emily