Re: [Urgent]Take a look at our Summit Brochure

Emily:

Cover1: http://www.gnome.asia/static/upload/pages/cover-1.jpg
Cover2: http://www.gnome.asia/static/upload/pages/cover-2.pdf
Pages 1-9 : http://www.gnome.asia/static/upload/pages/1-9.pdf
Back: http://www.gnome.asia/static/upload/pages/back.jpg

Correct me if you find any typo or anything wrong.

Page 1:

I'd say "Beijing University" rather than "Beijing university".
Note University is normally capitalized.

You shouldn't have spaces before commas so "Beijing China ,"
should be "Beijing, China,".

I'd say "The GNOME Foundation organized the GNOME Asia Summit
in collaboration with..." instead of "As the parent organizer,
GNOME Foundation is organizing GNOME.Asia Summit in collaboration
with..."

Why do we only list Sun as an organizer.  Shouldn't we also
mention and thank all the organizations which helped to sponsor the
event?

I'd say "the Asian GNOME community" rather than "the Asia
GNOME community".

I'd say "brainstorming sessions to discuss the different facets
of GNOME in Asia." instead of "brainstorming discussions of
challenges different facets of GNOME in Asia".  The original
sentence has so many adjectives and prepositions that I can't
feel sure what it even means exactly.

You should say "We strive to bring together the GNOME community"
instead of the GNOME-related community.

You should say "provide a forum for GNOME" instead of "provides
a forum for GNOME".

You say "We believe the GNOME.Asia Summit will become a long term
platform".  However, "long term platform" sounds awkward to me.
The sentence would read better if you just removed "long term".

I'd say "Introduction of speakers" instead of "Instruction of
representing speakers".

You say the goal of the summit is for people to exchange ideas
and share experience and to attracting more contributors.
However, it might be nice to suggest that the community will be
working together to improve GNOME for everyone.  In other words,
there will be likely be some hacking, working, and making
decisions for the future as well.

The GNOME Foundation page should have a link to the website:

   http://foundation.gnome.org/

The GNOME Founation page should have a mention of the "Friends of
GNOME" project and encourage people to donate to help the free
software community.

   http://www.gnome.org/friends/

---

Remember that this is the schedule and people will carry it around
with them all the time.  It is important that it also include other
useful information that people will likely need.  Especially when you
consider that many people will be traveling in a foreign country
and will not be able to speak the local language if they need help.

I think it would be handy to contain a map of the event, and the
map should also contain any hotels that we know people are likely
to say (such as recommended hotels).  Public transportation options
(trains, subways, and buses) that people can use to get from the
hotels to the event should also be mentioned.  The map should be in
both English and Chinese so that people can show the map to a taxi
driver and via pointing can get the driver to know where to go.  Might
be good to highlight areas where people can go in the evening for
a restaurant, coffee, tea, or beer.  For example, the area near the
Drum Tower has good nightlife but is also not too far away from the
event.  Also, information about where/how to gather for any group
events (such as the trip to the Great Wall) should be included as

Would be good to include phone numbers.  Who do I call if I get lost or
need help or if there is an emergency?   Perhaps the University or
Beijing government or the event organizers has a phone number that can
help people in English or other languages if they need help,
assistance, or get lost?

Might be nice to include some common Chinese phrases such as "Hello"
"Goodbye", "Thank you", and terms you use in a taxi such as "Go
Straight". "Turn Right", "Turn Left".  "I want" and "I don't want" are
also useful phrases when talking to people who sell in markets or on
the street.

Brian