Re: from packjam an art-gnome fan and member

MJ Roos wrote:
Hello, I am a regular visitor of the art.gnome website, I keep it short, and
I find the 4 wallpaper sections gnome, abstract etc. a bit confusing.
Since the digital camera revolution there has been a great section of
choices of wallpapers overall on other gnome sites as well, not that gnome
is all about wallpapers thankgod no.

I agree - we have seen a lot more backgrounds and wallpapers that are simply someone's personal photos.

short: I vote for another section on the gnome-art website called: made with
"The Gimp only"
So for those who don't have a camera but have great works of art to add just
with "the Gimp(c) and all of it's features, this will ad another feature to
the website, let's be real, some art is made with photoshop, nothing wrong
with that, but also nothing gnome with that.
I got this thing of my chest and can imagine thatother people would agree
that "the Gimp's" art is different then sony's digital camera's art, nothing wrong with that again, but my meaning is this belongs to a different or 5-th
section on sites like art.gnome.org.

An interesting suggestion, but what about art created in other tools such as Inkscape?

Perhaps we should we remove the Nature, Abstract and "Other" sections complety, and just have a section for GNOME wallpapers? What do other people think about this?

Regards,

Thomas