Re: license for art's engine

Thomas Wood wrote:

Would it be possible to attach some license file to the code? Or who
could give us some "permission" in written?

This is an important point, and if everyone who has contributed agrees, I'd like to use the GPL for this. I'm open to suggestions on more appropriate licenses however, as I know the GPL isn't always relevant to PHP or web based projects (i.e. where the code isn't compiled, or only services are provided).

Also, now that art.ubuntu.com is using the artweb code, it would be nice to get their feedback before we change the license. :-)

I'm happy to go with the GPL (current and future versions -- which might have a clause for web-based code)

- Henrik