Re: What about WordPress or something similar?

У Чтв, 2005-12-01 у 19:28 +0100, Stefan Rotsch пише:

> following the call for volunteers on a.g.o., I took a look at the ToDo
> list and thought by myself: Why won't they use an already existing
> platform instead of "reinventing the wheel". Why not starting with
> WordPress or something similar?

I am sure that's bad idea. A specially with wordpress. One blog CM
System cant replace actual A.G.O CMS. A.G.O has much of very special
features. Its not only about publishing news. And this site is about
Art, so every body suspect to have some "new" view, not only "special
themable but very well known CMS".
Maybe there is already some very good CMS with covering needs in ToDo.
But i am prety sure, thos and his Team do his job very great. There are
few things to do to make A.G.O easy to maintain but it can be done with
time.
And so on.
So i think its not a really well thinking strategy, and not really good
idea.

--
tirpse