- From: Thomas Wood <thos gnome org>
- To: artweb-list gnome org
- Subject: Current Work
- Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 18:01:29 +0000
A couple of notes on the current upcoming work on art-web. Please choose
something you'd like to work on, and let the list know you're working on it!
* I've added a submit_background template, and the same needs doing for
submit_themes, and other pages. This would be a good place to start
getting to know the art-web code if you want to help out. If someone
would like to make the theme-detail template, then it would be nice to
be able to close this bug too:
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=121552 (Theme download page
should give installation instructions)
* Vincent Untz has made a preliminary French localised template. Goto
http://art.gnome.org/?lang=fr to try it out. To switch back to english,
use http://art.gnome.org/?lang=en. We now need an option to let the user
switch between languages in the interface. If anyone feels like adding
any more languages, feel free!
* Although I mentioned it in a previous e-mail, I'm not yet convinced we
need loops in templates yet. We can always use a separate template to
define items that are written out more than once (such as a list item).
* I wrote a quick "page" system yesterday. It allows for content pages
(such as an about page and a resources page) to be stored in the
database. My only concern so far is that perhaps this sort of page
should be kept in the template so that it can be localised in the same
way as the templates. However, it wouldn't be hard to add localisation
in the way I have already implemented it. Does anyone have any comments
* Now that templates have been implemented, I'd like to start work on
the ToDo items that include UI changes. This includes allowing users to
edit their theme descriptions and their own comments. Also on the list
is improving the search page UI.
* There isn't yet a template for the front page but I also really want
to improve the layout of the front page. If anyone has any suggestions,
let me know!
] [Thread Prev