Re: art.ubuntu.com nearly ready ...

Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
Hi,

So I've got it mostly working now, and I've altered the skin slightly to look more like our front page. See: http://69.60.114.112/

I've put a tarball of the source here: http://69.60.114.112/source/ I don't want to start pushing random changes into your CVS, but obviously use what you want. I basically made a new file called auc_headers.inc.php where I placed the Ubuntu-specific header stuff (where auc = art.ubuntu.com). In doing so, I removed some code from auc_header and created auc_sidebar so those can be used/changed separately.

I still have a problem with submitted artwork though. I can submit stuff as a use, but I'm not able to change the status of it so that it will appear on the site. Any ideas?

If you have a user level of more than 1 (i.e. 2) then at the top of the submitted lists, you will get a list of all the items marked "approved". You should then be able to select one and add it after checking the details.

The 'added' status in the submitted lists just marks items as such, but doesn't actually make them available on the site. This is useful if the submitted item was an update to an existing item, and therefore you don't actually want to add it to the site again. What we really need is a proper "update" function for users though.

We're going to be looking into file upload functions soon, since the trial using the splash screen contest seems to be going well.

It would be interesting if we could start changing any of the function names that are prefixed with ago_ into something more generic. This should be a relatively easy search and replace task, so if anyone feels like having a go, make sure you e-mail me the patch!

-Thomas