Re: [anjuta-list] Anjuta Help

Hi,

Le 19/08/2015 03:20, Reuben Rissler a écrit :
I am a budding noob of a programmer. I would like to create an
application in Anjuta using GTK and C with three boxes and a button. I
figured out all the gui stuff but  I am stalled at the signal handlers.
If I send you my project, could you hook them up for me to get me
started?

No, you cannot send attachment on a mailing list, but your program is quite simple, you can find lots of example. You can use the project wizard GTK template.

First, you have to write a callback function called when your button is clicked something like

static void
on_sum_button_clicked (GtkButton *button, void *user_data)
{
}

This function has to get the data from both boxes, make the sum and set the third box. Typically, you use the second argument user_data to sent it all useful information, by example the address of the three boxes in a structure.

Then you have to connect this function to your button,

g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (sum_button), "clicked",
                          G_CALLBACK (on_sum_button_clicked),
                          user_data);

This has to be done when you create your dialog, at that moment you can create the user_data with the address of all boxes.

The easiest way to create a dialog is to use a glade file, you can load it using gtk_builder_add_from_file and then get all widgets by their name using gtk_builder_get_object.