Re: [anjuta-list] Debugging a shared lib with Anjuta

Hi,

Le 22/04/2015 14:53, Ralph Plawetzki a écrit :
1) configure seahorse-nautilus so that it uses the compiled libcryptui
2) set a breakpoint in libcryptui to debug it

When I open libcryptui as an Anjuta project, I can set a breakpoint,
but I need to open seahorse-nautilus to start the application that
uses libcryptui.

I think you can open libcryptui project and set a breakpoint in it. Then you can set seahorse-nautilus as the program to launch it.

I can not find a gui option to tell seahorse-nautilus, that it should
use the compiled libcryptui as a lib. I can add and remove libs via
add library > new library (libcryptui is available in the list), but I
can not see an option to open the required source code to set a
breakpoint then.

The issue is that seahorse-nautilus should use your compiled library instead of the probably already existing one.

I think you can do it by installing the libcryptui library, typically in /usr/local/lib then check that pkg-config see this library, you can ask the version number of the library which could be different than the system one.

Depending, on your system, it's possible that pkg-config doesn't check in /usr/local/lib, in this case you can set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable.

Finally, you need to recompile seahorse-nautilus from scratch. You can load it in gdb and run 'info sharedlibs' to verify that the library in /usr/local/lib is used.

There is no special support to do all this in Anjuta.