Re: [anjuta-list] one question about using anjuta

Hello,

Le 05/01/2013 17:21, mostafa heidaryan a écrit :
i have a problem with data files and manage of them.
in my program there is many files that must be read and right to them
but when i install my program some problems apear:
1)i do not have access  to write on them

It's normal. If you want to write data files, you need first to copy them somewhere in the home directory of the user, you can use a standard directory as returned by function like g_get_user_data_dir... Then you can modify these files. You probably have to do this copy only if the files are missing.

2)when i install my project it only copy files to /usr/local/share and
do not make dirctories for them and all files are in this folder with
out any arrange

If you use autotools, your data files should be listed as value of a variable named _something__DATA in one Makefile.am. In this file, you should have a variable named _something_dir, its value defines the directory where the data file will be installed. If _something_ is data, they will be installed in /usr/local/share.

Typically you need to write something like

your_programdir =$(datadir)/your_program
your_program_DATA = data.txt ...

The autotools backend of Anjuta, will parse this but I think it's not possible to set all this in the GUI at the moment.

3) i want to make som directories and copy files to them when my program
is installing (what can i do?)for example i want make one directory in
home  when installing program

You cannot do it because it is expected that you install a program for several users which could be even not known when you install it. Moreover when one user uses your program it shouldn't be able to modify something for the other.

You have to install your data in a common location, typically in /usr/local/share. Then it's up to your program to complete the installation by copying some files in the user directory when it is first run by a new user or you can provide a separate executable to do this.