Re: [anjuta-list] [Anjuta] Custom class templates

Hi,

On 14/09/2012 17:48, Alejandro T. Colombini wrote:
I'm part of a team working on a GTK-based library that uses the
GModules system to load different plugable GUI modules, now other
developers have to work on making these modules and, as they are not
used to C we are trying to make their work as easy as we can. With this
purpose, we are using Anjuta, Glade (with custom widgets) and Vala to
develop the modules, but we have to deal with Autotools and we don't
want the new developers to worry about it.

The Autotools backend already tries to make the management of Autotools project as easy as possible but it is quite general. If you have a specific environment it can be made easier.

Now, my question is, is there any way other than modifying anjuta
itself to add a custom class template (like those used by the class
generator plugin) and add all the things we need to the Makefile.am and
configure.ac <http://configure.ac> files? or, is there any way to define
your own project's class templates?

I don't think you can add a class templates by just adding a file in share/anjuta/class-templates but this could be implemented, like in the project wizard.

But the class wizard does not add anything in configure.ac or Makefile.am. You need to write one plugin implementing the IAnjutaProject interface. It's not modifying Anjuta itself: you can write your plugin in python or I think vala and you can distribute it separately. But most of the code of Anjuta is in plugins so it's not very different compare to changing Anjuta itself.